Tuesday, December 16, 2014

CHRISTMAS, a feline perspective....

My name is Itsybitsy, I am 8 yrs old and currently the youngest of the 3 hairy bunch. I am looking forward to that milestone most humans say " cats have 9 lives".  I don't understand what all that means exactly but all I know is my older step brother Ethan was 19 yrs old when he left us to go to cat heaven 2 yrs ago. Sad as that was, our human mom assured us that she LOVES us  no matter how young or old , well behaved or misbehaved! In other words , there is nothing we can do  and not do to make her love us more or less. WOW that is too complex for a little guy like me to wrap around my Santa hatted head!

All of 8 years combined I have grown bigger in size than my name and I am mighty glad my adoptive mom did not change my name just  to catch up. I love the sound of my name, I am tickled pink when   I hear little children sing song about me too, even if I am not a spider. Humongous , Obese, Overly nourished or even Malnourished would have been  more appropriate terms of endearment for me. I love to hear the 'Mal Morris' thingy though because it sounds like the more popular Morris the cat everyone loves on TV! If I were skinny  and tall I could be Tigger if not Hobbes but considering my size and stripes, I am closer to Heathcliff and Garfield. Not bad huh !

The real reason why my mom adopted me was because I resembled her childhood favorite cat named Tana. She tells me it was more of an emotional reason than cerebral. But whatever the real reason is, I am just glad she gets emotional sometimes!I love the idea of adoption too , Jews and Gentiles but I don't want to be cerebral and biblical. I am happy to be a cat , a fat cat for that matter!

Last night she asked us to be her little elves and help put our  Christmas tree up. That was a chore and I was exhausted. I think the other elves were too. This thing about Christmas , I just don't get it yet. Last year we did not have a tree at all , other people were with us like auntie Fran and Karoline , we hardly saw our mom! All she told us was, we need to behave,  she will be gone to a place I have never been called Philippines and will be back in no time ! I wondered what all it meant but one thing we knew, we missed her and hoped that she missed us too.

With the tree up and our pictures taken , it's looking like a different Christmas this year. I hear loud music blasting  from a black boxes close to the ceiling, she called it Christmas songs to bring out the Christmas spirit ; she hums , she sings and sometimes carry us along in her arms as she bounces around and dance. Boy that was fun! I hope she does it more often than just brushing our hair on Saturdays when she does not work.

We were concerned about her early this year though , I heard breast cancer and a little advance stage. but I again did not know what it meant. There were other people at our house to help us take care of her. We know when she is not feeling well when she sleeps on her favorite sofa. We take advantage of it so we can keep a closer eye on her. Chazzy takes the head part , I take the other end and Little One takes the middle. Boy, we are a good team! Much as we like being in close proximity to her that way, we like it better for her cancer to go away!

Last week, I heard from the radio my mom was listening to that Christmas is all about the LOVE of GOD sent to earth through little baby named JESUS. Did you hear JESUS was born in a manger with sheeps and donkeys. I sometimes wonder why the cold and lowly manger while  I have a beautiful , cushy, fluffy bed under a warm brightly lighted Christmas tree right now. If I heard correctly , Jesus is King and will come again as King , doesn't he deserve a king size bed? The manger is more my type but just between you and me , I sometimes don't want to share my bed but king Chazzy sometimes invades me and my bed and I just let him , is that LOVE?

                               


I am still pondering what all that mean but one thing I know and feel is LOVE! It's easy for cats  to say so because  we PURRR our LOVE away, we chase and wag our love tails off , we self groom our love hairs , we love to eat, sleep and play. When we make messes , we love to see our mom clean it all up for us. If love is but give and take , we sure take a lot and I believe we have it made. Isn't that  what Jesus did , gave a lot , sacrificially to clean up the messes of human kind? Boy am I glad I am a cat , I don't have to understand such complex exchange. May be when I get to be 9 yrs old I will get it together by Christmas of 2015. For now.....Meowrry Christmas to all.







No comments:

Post a Comment