Saturday, December 20, 2014

Still and Quiet Morning

Psalm 46:10 -" Be still and know that I am God" has been one of my life's anchor verse and this morning  driving through Lake Townsend, God was gracious to open my eyes and heart to see and feel the meaning of it without words.

With Christmas season soon winding down , I am unusually calm knowing that my Christmas to do list is still not done much more checked off. Along with the upcoming medical treatment plans which seem like another form of torture (as most cancer treatments are) , how gracious God is giving such still and calming opportunity to prepare me for what is to come!

It's interesting how our perception changes as we go through life despite our anchors. Experience no doubt is a big factor for change like crucible for silver furnace for gold .''If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is,infinite.''( William Blake ). It's hard  not to agree to such profound idea. In my mind's heart it's -IMAGO DEI.. created in the image of God therefore been given , in fact gifted if not hard wired with connectivity to infinity! What a fascinating thought particularly this time of the year!

I have driven by the same path of Lake Townsend a million times but I have never perceived the same ordinary scenery the way I did  this morning ... the stillness of  the water reflecting the image of sunrise's hauntingly golden hues,  pillars of clouds as if bellowed from a smokestack just for the occasion and bare trees ready for winter's sleep. How befitting to behold the beauty of God reflected in nature He created. How humbling for such mortal like me given a glimpse of heaven!

                                             PEACE, COMFORT  & JOY










No comments:

Post a Comment