Monday, December 1, 2014

Surprised by the ordinary

I have been wanting to take pictures of the lacey looking flowers of an ornamental grass by my side yard ( miscanthus sinensis - maiden grass) before they totally dry up at fall's end.  A ray of afternoon sun on the  grass flower caught my eye as I was leaving for church. I knew for sure the fast setting sun will not wait  long enough for me to get a camera much more compose but I did it anyway impetuously that is. Something you just have to take chances!

For sure I missed the sun's ray which caught my eye in the first place and was left with more diffuse and harsh lighting but what I captured nonetheless caught me by surprise - this ordinary looking flower upon closer look revealed much more than I expected.

This is not to give credence to human being's infinite capacity for self rationalization. Though I was a little bit late for church , on the way there I was already thanking the Lord for such awe and wonder. beauty and  grace of ordinary and little things He created!

    










2 comments:

  1. I'm certain the Lord didn't mind you being late, noticing and appreciating the beauty he creates with what seems ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope not! I don't think He looks at performance at all! ( as in time and other earthly measure), I believe He looks at our heart, as in our motives and the most scary part is He is all knowing... so he knows everything! I love that about God. He still desire for us to tell Him even if He knows all about it. What I am most grateful about the pics is the revelation of beauty and order of ordinary things , things I usually take for granted....

    ReplyDelete